Mamiya RB close-out

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by David H. Bebbington, Jun 18, 2007.

1. David H. Bebbington

David H. Bebbington Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just for info - the British pro dealer Robert White (possibly other dealers too) is having a close-out on Mamiya RB67. I was scanning e-bay for a 360 lens and ended up buying a new one (350/5.6 KL Apo) for £465 + VAT. Only drawback is you have to pay now, the order will be filled from Japan and will take 4 - 6 weeks. And when they're gone, they're gone!

Regards,

David

2. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Followed closely by RZ and 645 stuff I bet.

I don't think the new owner is getting very far with the digital stuff, I think what is left of Mamiya is just counting days until it is all gone. Such a shame. Never have seen anything on their digital back for the 645AF (etc.), so I have to assume that they could not bring it to market at a price that would be reasonable. How many years has this product been in the works???

3. David H. Bebbington

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    According to Robert White, the RZ 67 is now available as the
    RZ 67 Pro IID (with an MSCE interface for digital back use) and is thus future-proof (for now:smile: ). All RZ 67 gear is continuing to be sold at full price.

Regards,

David

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is out now at a cost of $7,000 for the 22mp digital back or $10,000 for the Mamiya ZD (DSLR)

5. Muihlinn

Muihlinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    yeah, but... they are offering the pro-tl ZD back "kit", which is the back, the body (the latest 645 one), a metered prism, a 120/220 back, a bunch of software and a 80mm lens for about 10,000€ which is a very competitive price, specially if you already have an array of 645 lenses, and a price similar to other make's 35mm flagship "kits".

Kinda bargain, and you can still shoot film.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  6. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Guess I missed the back, last time I looked it was still not available.

7. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So let me see... For about the price of your lens, I have acquired 3 bodies, 1 ProS, 2 Professionals, all in nice shape, 5 C lenses (65,90,127,150SF,and 180) 2 WLF, 1 prism finder, 2 extension tubes (82 and 45mm), 4 645 backs, 2 67 backs, a Polaroid back, a pistol grip , an angle grip, 4 screens of different types, the 645 mask, and a bag to put them in. I suspect these will serve me until there is no more 120 film or I be dead.

Of course, I don't have a 350 lens, but... I'll get over it. *L*

tim in san jose

8. David H. Bebbington

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    As you will have found, the 350 (in fact anything longer than 180) is hard to find, which is why I considered buying new (I need either a 360 or 500 for a specific project). At 1/4 of the previous list price, my 360 was still a good buy. The problem with second-hand is that, while there are some genuine bargains out there, there are also examples which have been pounded into the ground, even though they are still cosmetically good - you may be lucky, you may not! The reason I brought the close-out to the attention of APUG was just that - it's a close-out, the end of the line for the RB, absolutely the last chance to buy new. If it's of no interest to you, fine!

Regards,

David

9. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry David, just 'ad a bit of GAS there. It won't happen again. Congrats on your new lens.

tim in san jose