Mamiya RZ67 waist-level magnifier blurriness

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by blankk, Feb 18, 2011.

1. blankk

blankk Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Okay guys so I just bought another RZ67 (I owned one before but sold it) and it's all in great condition. But I just got the WLF and the magnifier seems to be doing something odd. When I flip it up, I look through it and it's as if it's at the wrong distance away from the screen. If I keep looking through it and push it down a little bit it seems to get better... and I've attached it several times and don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT: I think my problem is that this is a different magnifier, it's a +1. If so, which one should I get? I have no idea what was on it before. I'm assuming standard - I never have to make any adjustments to those types of things.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
  2. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think that the standard is -1 rather than +1. I tried to find some sort of confirmation and could not. There is no indication on the magnifier on my RB, so I really don't know, but that would be my guess.

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  5. blankk

blankk Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys. I bought the WLF from KEH, maybe they'd do a swap since they included a nonstandard magnifier, but we'll see.

6. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They will certainly take a return. I suspect that they will do you better than that, however, since it was not a standard diopter. (meaning pay for return shipping, do an exchange of just the diopter, something like that...)

Edit: This is the one, they are the same for RB and RZ. http://www.keh.com/camera/Mamiya-RB-Prism-and-Viewfinder-Accessories/1/sku-RB149990227100?r=FE