Mamiya Z-series

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by rthomas, Feb 23, 2010.

1. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm on the lookout for one of the following last-generation Mamiya 35mm cameras in working order:

Mamiya ZE-2, ZE-X, or ZM

My preference would be the ZM or ZE-X. Not interested in the ZE/ZE Quartz since that model has no shutter speed dial.

Thanks!

2. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi - I've had a ZE and a ZE-X, so I wanted to pass along my experiences with them. There are a couple ZE-2's on ebay right now, but, it has been my experience that these cameras are among the worst-built, least reliable pieces of junk to ever come out of Japan. Only Fijica's AX series are worse (or equal). So be sure the thing works 100% before you buy, and don't expect even the working ones to be reliable.

3. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the advice. I'm just looking for a 35mm body to use with my recently-acquired Mamiya 50mm macro lens ($20 in an antique shop, including matching extension tube). Maybe I'll build a "Mamiya Z-to-Nikon F" adapter out of some Nikon extension tubes so I can use this on my Nikon with aperture control. The aperture ring doesn't adjust the aperture when the lens is not mounted to a camera, but I've got a way to manually set the aperture with a bent paperclip.

4. Craig Swensson

Craig Swensson Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    You could try here.

http://rherron.conforums.com/

Got three here, all work just fine , [ZM, ZM, ZE2], ZM is the better option, i think all those that did not pass inspection were sent to Iowa.

5. patrickth

patrickth Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format

I agree, because the ones on the west coast were fantastic in my experience.