Mamiyaflex C-2

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by FM2N, Apr 26, 2011.

1. FM2N

FM2N Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello,
    I am hoping someone here may be able to help. I have a Mamiyaflex C-2. I know that the focus screen can not be changed but can be removed to clean. What stops me from removing the glass from a C330 screen and replacing the C-2 with the c330 glass in the hope of making the C-2 brighter?
    Thanks
    Arthur

2. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know if the C330 screen will be noticeably brighter enough to make it worth while. If you are going to swap screens, I'd just go straight for an aftermarket one.

Are you using a WLF? If you are using a prism, and have a dark image, I'd try a WLF. If that is still not good enough, try a chimney magnifying hood. I use the latter at least 80 percent of the time on my C series cameras. It's a real lifesaver IMHO.

3. FM2N

FM2N Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    True it is not really that much darker. I should just leave alone.
    Thanks

4. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't have a C330, so I don't know for sure, but the screens are probably in little frames, and might not even fit the C2 perfectly.

5. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How is the mirror? If it can be cleaned (careful!) it might make a big difference.

6. FM2N

FM2N Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I will check the mirror but will leave alone the glass screen.
    Thanks
    Arthur