Mamut photo website?

Discussion in 'Ultra Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by andreios, Jan 26, 2013.

1. andreios

andreios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello folks, just a quick question - anyone knows what happened to mamutphoto.com website?
    Been thinking about starting building something ultra large but the bookmarks are dead and google does not find anything..

Thanks
    A.

2. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can't help you with what happened, but go back with the wayback machine: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://mamutphoto.com

3. carlj

carlj Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the wayback link, still a very useful resource.

4. TracyStorer

TracyStorer Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Apparently the young man who put it together, Patrick Jan Van Hove, I think started a family and began building bass guitars. Honestly, most of his information was gleaned from other sources and assembled like a scrapbook. Several folks who knew what they were about did join and helped sort things out. The LF DIY section here and at the www.largeformatphotography.info forum are good places to start.

5. andreios

andreios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you all, folks! Yes, I am a member of LFPF and follow attentively the DIY forum.. But I remembered the page and thought it an excellent concise source of information. Now the hard work is to be started - I sourced 7x17 X-Ray film, I think I'll be starting with "one-shot" pinhole and move from there.