Mark Hama YashicaMats on eBay

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by zenrhino, Jun 1, 2007.

1. zenrhino

zenrhino Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Looks like the rumors were true and Mark Hama is retiring. His ebay store has a ton of parts on it and he has 7 CLA'd YashicaMat 124Gs with brightscreens in them up for $200 each.

Im not sure if you can call anything on ebay a 100% safe bet, but I'm thinking thats about as close as you can get.

2. Jos De

Jos De Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That is weird, he must have still been getting rid of his 124g's even up until recently (two weeks ago). I just purchased one of seven of his mat 124g's. Great working order but the bod's pretty scratched up haha.

(Oh and these seven didn't have bright screens - and won the bid at $150)

3. Jos De

Jos De Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh sorry, I thought this was originally posted a while ago haha! Wow maybe you're talking about my mat possibly. He was getting rid of many good cameras besides the mats, all with nice price tags.

Take care,
    Joe

4. Merg Ross

Merg Ross Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I just heard from Mark Hama and he asked me to dispel rumors that he plans to retire any time soon.

Thanks,
    Merg

5. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    While the information is much appreciated, why doesn't he simply log on and state that himself?

6. Merg Ross

Merg Ross Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    For clarification, after reading this thread I became concerned that the rumor of Mark Hamma's retirement might be true. So, with a camera ready to ship to him, I posed the question of retirement and his reply immediately followed.
    Whether he frequents this forum, or is even aware of it, I do not know. However, since this thread was the source of the rumor, I thought it would be appropriate to post Mark's response.

7. Peter De Smidt

Peter De Smidt Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Merg, you were right to relay the info about Mr. Hamma's not retiring. Thanks.

8. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Ahh -- that makes sense.