Master Darkroom class 2009

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by per volquartz, Nov 11, 2008.

1. per volquartz

per volquartz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The Darkroom Master Class in 2009
    A Private One day Workshop with Per Volquartz

8:30AM - 7:00 PM now available every day of the week, except Sunday.

Please schedule your Master Class 45 days in advance.

Includes Portfolio Review (of your prints and of images on CD), creating expressive prints using one of three Durst enlargers to print YOUR archival silver-bromide print, using water bath development to control highlight densities in your prints, use of selective bleaching, effective toning for print color and archival print stability, proper washing and drying, mounting and matting (we will mount and matte one of your prints using Bainbridge Art Care mount and matte board), and spotting.

In addition you can have your camera / lens shutters tested electronically for accuracy.

We will measure D-max and highlight areas on your workshop prints as well as prints in your portfolio (Using a professional Macbeth densitometer).

Includes all materials, refreshments and a light lunch.

Now available as a gift certificate!

Instead of getting your usual shirts and socks for Christmas why not tell your spouse, better half, friends or parents that you really would like to take this workshop, which will enhance the way you look at photographs and the way you make your own expressive prints.

Cost: $225.00 if purchased as a gift certificate during 2008. (in 2009 the cost will increase to $250.00)

Use a credit card to purchase this Workshop (through Paypal). Please email printsales (at) volquartz.com for information. Make sure to mark your email MASTER CLASS 2009.

Per Volquartz
    http://www.pervolquartz.com

2. per volquartz

per volquartz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hopefully...

The tuition of this darkroom workshop will be the best way you have ever spent money on photography!

Per Volquartz

Attached Files:

3. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would love to come take one of your darkroom work shops. Is this something that's a private thing? I have three things I need to do in LA.
    1. Renew my Swedish passport
    2. Visit fellow APUG member Guillaume Zuili
    3. Take your work shop

Need to plan this out some time. So I get one full day for $250? Private? Or with others? Any specific dates, or just schedule any day?

Thanks,

- Thomas

4. per volquartz

per volquartz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Its Private!
    Schedule any day except Sunday.
    Let me know what kind of food you do not eat. (A light lunch is included.)

5. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you, Per! I'll try to make it happen during 2009.
    - Thomas

6. Brandon D.

Brandon D. Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    In this darkroom class, would we learn how to develop B&W film?

Thanks!

7. Tori8x10

Tori8x10 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just took this workshop last month and I can't believe what a difference it has made in my printing techniques. Actually, it has made me realize that I didn't really have a technique. It's almost embarrassing how much I didn't know.
    Per is a wonderful & gifted teacher and very patient (he only made me stand in the corner twice - just kidding!). His passion for photography is infectious and you will find yourself not wanting to leave. An extra bonus for me is that I've now been able to print negs, that I thought were unprintable, and have them end up with that famous glow that Per is so expert at accomplishing. I highly recommend this workshop!!!!

8. jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I am signed up for a day in March and looking forward to it.

9. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It's officially on my list of New Years resolutions :tongue:

10. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    4. Visit your new friend Matthew after the workshop

I highly recommend Per's instruction...but not his food :wink:

11. Tori8x10

Tori8x10 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The man does not believe in mayonnaise but that is his only fault as far as I can tell. ; - ) I'll bring food for the PPP on the 27th.

Tori

12. per volquartz

per volquartz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    D-Max of 2.21 / 2.22

On Bergger enlarging paper using Ansco 130 (slightly modified) paper developer I have been getting a D-Max of 2.21 / 2.22 (my Macbeth kept on fluttering between the two numbers).

To learn how to get the max out of your negatives and paper sign up for my Master Darkroom Workshop! If you sign up before year's end you will get your workshop at this years fee even if your Darkroom Workshop takes place several months from now in 2009.

For those of you that shoot 6X6 you will be able to try my machine vision macro iris super high res. Apo enlarging lens!
    The rest of you will have to do with 300mm and 150mm El Nikkors, 240mm Apo Nikkor and 240mm Rodenstock enlarging lenses on professional Durst enlargers...

Per Volquartz

volquartz (at) volquartz.com
    Please write DARKROOM WORKSHOP in all caps in your email!

Attached Files:

13. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've just attended one of Per's print workshops.Was amazed of how simple and fun it was.I brought a neg. I have been banging my head agianst the wall trying to get a decent print from,and with in a short time Per reveled to me the methods to achieve a very beautiful print.Explaining and answering any questions I had very patiently. I marveled at not only the printing techniques but also the developing techniques. From there we covered also bleaching,cropping composition,and was allways willing to talk cameras,tripods anything to do with photography. A most enjoyable and learning day. Thanks Per.

Mike C

14. jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Highly recommended

I took a one day darkroom workshop with Per in March. That has been my only formal instruction. I took about a dozen 4x5 negs of which he selected 4 to print through toning and bleaching. I thought it was great and very worthwhile. It is a great bargain also. If I am back in the LA area again I will make a point to do it again with some 8x10 negatives. Per is very laid back and a master in the darkroom. Highly recommended.