Melbourne: Tall Ship Festival

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Joachim_I, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Joachim_I

Joachim_I Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    For those of you in Melbourne: there is a Tall Ship Festival in the harbour of Williamstown ("Seaworks") until Friday. You can see four tall ships including the "Stad Amsterdam." Good opportunity to shoot some pictures. I went there yesterday at 7:00am and 7:00pm (before and after work). It is better to come in the morning because there won't be any other visitors at that time. I expect quite some visitors in the evening for the remaining days.

2. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Toity and drat!
    Pity the boats are only here until Friday. If it were extended over the weekend, the APUGgers walk-talk-and-gawk could have shuffled down to Willy's Town on Saturday to roleplay Pirates of the Carribean! :tongue: The Stad Amsterdam was on telly last night and looks mightily impressive, but I'm unsure if it is a replica or an original?

3. Joachim_I

Joachim_I Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Neither a replica nor an original (= old) tall ship. I think it was built in 2000 using modern material. It certainly is very impressive. I shot three films (120).

4. Wyno

Wyno Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Ditto. I can't afford to come up to Melbourne twice in a couple of days. But wouldn't it have been nice?
    Mke