Meridian Pro (Dwayne's) Processing Experiences?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by craigclu, Jul 13, 2007.

1. craigclu

craigclu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My old favorite 3 sources for color medium format processing have either let me down with recent quality issues or switched to all-digital. In searching for new sources, I found Meridian looking interesting. Is anyone using them? Opinions?

2. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I started using Dwayne's a few months ago. I have been happy with the quality of the work. The only thing that I did not like was that 35mm film was cut into strips of 4 and 120 film was cut into strips of 2. After I start putting instructions to cut 36mm into strips of 6 and 120 into strips of 4, they have usually complied [ a roll of 120 came back as 2 3 3 4!].

Kodak processing could never get that right. Automatic equipment?

On the other hand, when the C330's lens door failed [after a CLA] failed to open so that the roll came back unexposed, Dwayne's did not charge me for the roll.

Steve

3. Kino

Kino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am about to send them a load of color work I cannot seem to get to myself; thanks for the heads up about the strange negative cutting practice!

4. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You can also request that your negatives not be cut at all. I request my slide film uncut. (I've got a local lab that can make some pretty reasonable prints from my slide film, but their equipment can't deal with mounted film.)

5. dmr

dmr Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've been using them since I resumed shooting Kodachrome. (As if I have a choice?) I've been happy with them and I'm thinking of trying them for E6 as well.