Metz 60 ct-1 help.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by iheart7d, Oct 1, 2011.

1. iheart7d

iheart7d Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello, all

I am new to flash photos. Found a used metz 60 ct-1 that i bought from Craigslist. The guy said it was used in a while. When i first got it the battery was dead and wouldn't take a charge, so i bought a new battery. Got the new battery and charged it. When i bought the guy didn't have the sync cord, He said he would get one for me, but they got the wrong one. Anyways the light on top of batter holder thingy blinks and the orange light on the flash head comes on, but when i hit the test button it doesn't fire. Is the flash head bad? Do i need the sync cable for it too work? Does anyone have a extra sync cable haha. Any help be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Jack

2. tony lockerbie

tony lockerbie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Usualy the 60CT's are bulletproof, so I guess that the test button may be defective? If the things cycles OK and the lights come on then I would assume that all is OK. Unfortunately you will need that sync cord to be able to check it for sure....and I only have one unfortunately!

3. vpwphoto

vpwphoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Metz cords are dedicated....
    /// did you buy mail order or face to face?

There could be many things wrong... damp storage or even long storage is hell on capacitors.
    Everything is usually fixable but at what cost... crossing fingers your "test" button is bad but I kinda doubt it... just saying in case you need to spend $23 via mail order on a cord for a broken flash.

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Where are you? I can check to see if I have an extra synch cord.

5. iheart7d

iheart7d Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Face to face, i have bought other camera stuff from him before and no problems before. He just didnt have it. he said he gonna get one but the one he got was wrong, it had six contacts instead of eight.

Yeah thats why im asking i dont want to spend even more for a broken flash.

Im in tucson, az.

Thanks for all y'all help.

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll check to see if I've got any extra, and will pm you with the result.

7. SafetyBob

SafetyBob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Jack, if you give up on the flash, PM me, I recently bought an old 60CT-1 that needs a new battery and it was well known before I bought the thing. I have been to busy and gone recently and haven't gotten around to buying one. So again, if you give up on it, you won't be out for the battery.......but on the other hand, if you can get it working or at least see if it can work, I don't think you will be disappointed. It really is a nice, solid, powerful flash. I love monster flashes and this was certainly THE monster flash for many years......I absolutely KNOW you won't regret getting into operation.

Bob E.