MF processing by mail. . .

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by johnr55, Dec 21, 2005.

1. johnr55

johnr55 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I live outside a metropolitan area and would like a source to mail in b/w print film to receive regular prints back. I'm mainly 35mm and don't want to get into processing this again. Nothing fancy or custom, just regular old processing like we used to get from the drugstore. Does anyone have a mail-in source? Much appreciated-

2. MattCarey

MattCarey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A&I in LA and Calypso in Santa Clara California will both do MF by mail. They aren't drug-store cheap, but they are good. A&I sells mailers, both will handle stuff mailed in with a note (and a credit card number)

Matt

3. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    In addition to A&I, also take a look at Specialty Photographic Laboratories (http://www.specialtyphotolab.com/), which processes b/w. Again, I don't think this is a low-cost option, although their prices aren't horribly out of line.

Unfortunately, the days of the inexpensive b/w drop-off service seem to have followed the path of Kodak's great films: V-Pan, Pan-X, TechPan, K25, etc. -- into the great beyond, wherever that is.

4. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    APUG has a new sponsor, Praus Productions (go to the sponsor page for their link), that does this type of work. I haven't tried them yet, but I am planning on sending them some B&W sheet film after the holidays.

5. msloane

msloane Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I fortunate to live in Chicago where we still have local labs that process B&W film. However, I recently shot some agfa scala and sent it off to Main Photo Services and did a great job and got it back in a week.

6. MattCarey

MattCarey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Didn't know about them becoming sponsors. I'll have to give them a try next order!

Matt

7. johnr55

johnr55 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks!

Thanks to all of you! Will start trying them out--