Michael A. Smith/Paula Chamlee Workshops

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by Michael A. Smith, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Michael A. Smith

Michael A. Smith Subscriber

We have announced our workshop schedule for this year. Details are here: http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/calendar.html

We will be conducting a workshop in Iceland in July and weekend Vision and Technique Workshops as follows:

Bucks County, Pennsylvania: May 28–30
    London, UK: June 11–13
    Paris, France: June 18–20
    Gochsheim, Germany: June 25–27
    Florence, Italy: July 2–4

Although Paula and I work with large-format negatives, the workshop is not format specific. Among many other comments we have received about our workshops are these:

"I'll likely never look at a photograph or my ground glass the same way again."

"There are events that occur in one's life that you consider a milestone for growth for who you are or become. I can honestly say that your workshop is one of my milestone events."

"I truly enjoyed your workshop. The experience expanded my perspective and I have not felt this level of excitement since I started in photography. The best workshop of the dozen that I have attended."

"I must say that your seminar was the best investment I have made since I bought my first shares of GE a long time ago. Not a day goes by that I do not put to use some of the vast knowledge base I learned."

Michael A. Smith

2. gbenaim

gbenaim Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I can't recommend Michael and Paula's workshops enough, as they really have the potential to change how you see photographically. I know my own work improved on many different levels after spending time with them, primarily in how I saw when shooting, but also in how I looked at my own and other's prints (spending some time looking at M&P's prints is an education in itself), how I thought about long term projects, and how I approached printing and finishing my work. You really get the whole package crammed into a couple of days (I was lucky to spend a couple of weeks with them after the workshop, certainly worth your time if you have it), but if you're paying attention and care about what you're doing, you'll get a lot out of it. Feel free to contact me off forum if you have any specific questions or doubts,

Gabriel

3. seadrive

seadrive Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Due to my usual procrastination, I waited too long to sign up for the May workshop in Bucks County. So imagine my delight when I read that Michael & Paula had added another workshop to be held the following weekend, June 4-6. Woohoo!

Thought you guys and gals might want to know about the revised schedule. Hope to see you there.

Steve