Michael Kenna

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Jorge, May 10, 2003.

1. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
  2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Jorge, Thanks for sharing this. Yes, I find his images captivating. He seems to be able to do it all. Oh well, maybe one of these days. Certainly something to strive for.

3. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, awesome stuff.

4. RAP

RAP Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I think most of us would be very happy with half his success. But if you look at what he has done and analyze his imagery, do you really have to travel to Japan to find similiar subject matter? I do not encourage cloning, but developing one's own vision.

That can be done be exploring your own back yard, county, state, parks, back alleys, etc, etc. Why waste time and emotions on the envey of anothers work? If you admire it, buy it. Artists cannot live on drools and accolades from admirers. Let it inspire you. But don't let it keep you from working with what is infront of you.

5. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Wow Very inspiring better get to work maybe those sky's to the U.S from japan by now.

T-man

6. Ralph

Ralph Member

Michael Kenna's work will be on display at the Museum of Glass (www.museumofglass.org) in Tacoma, WA from October 4, 2003 to March 21, 2004. He will be giving a lecture at 2:00 on Saturday, October 11th. I hope to be there. The Gail Gibson Gallery (www.ggibsongallery.com) in Seattle, WA will also be exhibiting his work in conjunction with the Tacoma show from November 6th to December 24th.