micro lens

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by mg3, Jun 17, 2013.

1. mg3

mg3 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hello!
    i have a mamiya 6 (not six) and i really love it but due to it focus minimum distance, i can't photograph micro..
    this camera has 3 lenses and all of them has about the same minimum distance for focusing..
    i know that there are enlarger rings but i don't want to use them because of the quality dissent.
    the other two options i know of are extender rings and a different lens..
    so, my questions: i don't mind buying a good micro lens but i really don't know if there is one that will work with my mamiya (it's 58 mm) as far as the compatibility, do you know a lens that might work? it should be a completely analog lens, in good and upper quality.
    and i'm not sure, but my camera is a range finder.. if i use a lens that not within the standard lenses.. how will it affect my framing and focusing?
    and- what do you think i general? do you have a better solution for my closer photography?

thank you so much!

2. E76

E76 Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    I checked Mamiya's website and there is a closeup adapter for the Mamiya 7 80mm, which might be compatible with the 6. Either way, there is no way you're getting into macro territory (1:1 magnification or greater) with the camera. Rangefinders make poor cameras for closeup work due to parallax error and lack of extension tubes/macro lenses, among other things.

3. benveniste

benveniste Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Have you thought about adding something like the Marumi DHG 67mm 67 Macro 200 Achromat to the 150mm f/4.5? By my "back of the envelope" calculations, that ought to get you to about 0.9x.

4. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    An SLR with a macro lens, or an RB/RZ67 with almost any lens.

That's it in a nutshell.