Miniature Cameras

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Rlibersky, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Rlibersky

Rlibersky Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    http://www.subclub.org/

This web site is interesting, for those who love small cameras. I came across it by accident.

2. resummerfield

resummerfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Kevin Roach

Kevin Roach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I use a minox III occassionally. Well actually I used to use it occasionally. It sits on my shelf now. I'd sell it but the thing is just so damn cute I hate to part with it. A real marvel of engineering.

I also played with a minolta 16 for a while. That's a little bit better grain-wise but still not very good pictures. Especially compared to an olympus XA which is about the same size.

The nice thing about the minolta is that anyone can develop the film. It's the same size as 110. I always took the film out of the cassette in a dark bag and delivered it to the processor in a black film container.

Goat Hill has a page on subclub.org They provide a wide range of subminiature film. I once bought 100 feet of 16mm from them. THAT will last you a LONG time.

4. Kevin Roach

Kevin Roach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    oh and...

nowadays when I do break out the minox I am constantly asked how many megapixels it is. hehe

Most people can't believe something so small isn't electronic.

5. Steve Roberts

Steve Roberts Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I hold up my hand to having a small collection of 110 cameras. I made a slitter and can now cut down 35mm FP4 and load it in 110 cartridges. Most 110 cameras need the notches that the proper film has, but the small Pentax 110s don't and I've had a lot of fun with those and their interchangeable lenses. Apart from the Pentaxes and a few other up-market models, 110 cameras attract little attention and can be bought for pennies at car boot sales or on any well-known Internet auction site!

Steve

6. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I just bought a couple 110's off ebay. Kind of a change of pace for me. Oh nostalga.

If I could just get black and white film!

7. Kevin Roach

Kevin Roach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  8. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Okay, count me in, too -- have three working Minolta 16 cameras, and four cassettes that I've been reloading with microfilm for the past three years (though I used two of the cameras with factory film in the early 1980s).