Minolta MD to Mamiya Sekor C mount adapter

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Christopher Walrath, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am getting my Mamiya M645J up and running little by little. I also have a full armament of Minolta sr/x equipment. Until I can afford some Sekor C lenses, has anybody eer heard of an adapter that would allow me to use my Minolta MD mount lenses on my Mamiya? I realize there may be some negative coverage issues with some of the lenses, but it may give me one or two more options in the mean time. I want to do more than my 80mm and 150mm Sekors can allow. Any ideas, links, etc. would be appreciated. Thank you all.

2. mawz

mawz Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not possible due to register issues. None of them will be able to focus at usable distances.

You can go the other way though

3. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    And even if it could be done, the image circle projected by the Minolta lenses probably wouldn't be large enough to cover 6x4.5. I know you mention coverage, but it probably would be very unsatisfying as you might need to severely crop your photos.

You could run some tests and then mask the viewfinder.

4. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thought so, but one can hope, even if errantly. Thank you.

5. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm. Why do you rely on hope? Can't you think and search for information to think about?