Minolta Uniomat

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Red Robin, May 13, 2013.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    anyone have experience using the Minolta Uniomat?
    It's an old RF from the 60's. It's being brought down to me by pony express.:whistling:

2. maderik

maderik Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have the Ansco branded version, the Anscoset. The shutter/aperture are permanently coupled - you can set only EV which varies both aperture and shutter speed. It's got a really long wind stroke. Front element focusing 45mm f/2.8 lens. Anything in particular you wish to know?

3. Peltigera

Peltigera Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    An excellent camera. I have one. Top shutter speed of 1/1000 on a leaf shutter is quite remarkable. The shutter is made by Citizen in Japan and the lens is a Rokkor. Down side is that exposure can only be set using EV settings and perhaps that long wind stroke ( I have big hands and it doesn't bother me).

That fast shutter speed is achieved by the shutter only opening to the extent of the iris diaphragm - at 1/1000 shutter speed, the aperture is quite small.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks for replys Red

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Sure do like this gem! I've been clicking along nearly three weeks now. At first I worried the weight might be a handicap but no . This is another handy camera from Minolta, a bit different than later offerings, but that and its ease of operation makes it a keeper . Worthy of any collection.