Modern Developing Methods 3rd edition for free?!

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by TattyJJ, Mar 20, 2017.

1. TattyJJ

TattyJJ Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Came across a few mentions of this book while on my usual random reading about photography and the such, thought it might be a good investment, but turned out was pretty hard to find and the one copy i did find they wanted over £400 :blink:
    Then i found the below website offering it up for download for absolutely noting!

https://archive.org/details/ModernDevelopingMethods

Might be well known and everyone already has a copy, none the less thought i'd share :smile:

2. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the link. So for a 1947 book/booklet someone wants £400 :surprised: .

pentaxuser

3. OP
    TattyJJ

TattyJJ Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yeah I wish them the best of luck with that!!

4. LAG

LAG Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, call me romantic, but on paper is a different thing. I'm not justifying that price either, and I do not want to add fuel to the fire, but perhaps those pounds make the difference between the real and the d-g-t-l things! (whistling ...)

Thank you anyway!

5. darkroommike

darkroommike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought my copy on Ebay for a whole lot less. Frankly it's only of historical interest, most of the formulas call for Monazol (Glycin?) or Diamine-P (PPD?). I'll sell my copy for £300!

6. Halford

Halford Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    That's great about the book being downloadable -- but just as a side note, there's a known glitch with the pricing mechanisms of some of the second-hand booksellers that sell through big aggregators like amazon etc. -- that has resulted in some crazy-hyperinflated prices (tens of thousands of dollars) for books that are rare but by no means that valuable. Welcome to the wonderful world of automated pricing!