Modified E6

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by ZorkiKat, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ZorkiKat

ZorkiKat Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ...modified because the surplus kit I got was not complete. No FD or CD starters (asked in another thread for substitutes), no prebleach or stabilizer. To make it worse, the CD was dead or dying.

I made up the starters following the recipe given by Athril. The prebleach and stabilizer from PE. The next set of FD I used was seasoned with Fuji Hunt CR56 starter, found in the stockroom of the local Fuji distributor here. The surplus E6 kit is by Kodak.

Since no colour developer can be immediately found, I decided to try using the RA-4 Colour Developer as a substitute. I thought that since both the E6 CD and RA-4 CD both used the same colour developing agent, the latter might just produce something acceptable. Apparently it did make something. A positive came out alright, but there was a slight tinge of yellow in it.

Here are some of what I got:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first transparency was really lit with setting sunlight, so it appears very warm. All shot with Leica Barnacks.

Lacking as it is, the process does make it possible to have colour transparencies (or a close semblance of,) here, where commercial E6 processing, as well as proper chemistry kits have disappeared.

Jay

2. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very good. Congratulations.

PE

3. ZorkiKat

ZorkiKat Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks PE.