Money Talks

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by MurrayMinchin, Aug 18, 2005.

1. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    After using only 4x5 Tri-X for over 20 years I just ordered my first batch of HP5+...I want to support Ilford and Kodak doesn't need my money to help them go digital!

I've got a week off work coming up and I'm just ITCHING to start testing :smile:

Murray

2. PeterDendrinos

PeterDendrinos Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I use great gobs of HP5+, and like it very much. I had been using fuji neopan acros, but am using less and less of it. I am developing the hp5 in xtol, and regularly push it to 400, 800, 1600, even 3200 if shadow detail can go by the wayside. i shoot it at around 250 normally

3. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm thinking of switching to HP5+
    I'm too nervous of Kodak breaking my heart by withdrawing TriX

4. MSchuler

MSchuler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    HP5+

I've also just switch from Tri-X and for the same reason. I made sure to email Kodak about my reason for changing, but I only got a canned letter in response.

5. kiku

kiku Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I hear your pain! What did the "canned response" say?

The best to you, Kiku

6. juan

juan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I shot nothing but Tri-X developed in HC-110 for about 20-years. I tried HP5+ but didn't care for the way it handled contrast - I tried JandC Classic 400 and found it much more to my taste. You might try some while experimenting.

I agree with your decision to support companies that have announced their intent to support our kind of photography.
    juan

7. MSchuler

MSchuler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Unfortunately, I didn't keep the reply. I said I was concerned about their dropping of B&W paper production and was considering switching all of my film and chem purchases to another producer. I also asked about the possibility of selling their brands to another producer. They stated that htey intended to keep producing film but didn't address having someone else make the paper.