More RB 67 questions

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Brad Bireley, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Brad Bireley

Brad Bireley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Why should I get a Pro-SD body over a Pro-S body. Also, can you use Pro-S backs on a Pro-SD body? Can I use a 127 F3.5 KL L on a Pro-S body?
    Thanks!
    Brad

2. schwefel

schwefel Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Short Answer:
    ProSD, yes and yes.

Long Answer:
    The *big* diference between the ProS and ProSD is that the lens mount has changed (and is reflected in the KL line of lenses.) This allows for the 500mm and 75mm PC lens. *IF* you plan on using these lenes or the price diference is negligable, ger the SD. If not, go for the ProS (though it is an older model, produced from 1974 to 1990 when the SD came out.) All RB back can be used with the Pro(S) back can be used on the SD. I prefer at least a ProS back because of the interlocks and double exposure switch.

Either way, you are about to buy a great camera.

3. Brad Bireley

Brad Bireley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can get a SD body for $115 or a pro-s body for $109 from KEH with the waist level finder! I think I'll go for the SD!

4. dbonamo

dbonamo Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    On other point with the PRO-SD, if you are planning to use lens that are not KL, you will need a adapter, as mention her the throat of the camera is a larger diameter and the older lens will need to the adapter.