Mounting, presenting & packaging fine prints. How I do it.

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by Luca, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Luca

Luca Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hello my name is Luca Paradisi, I live in Ireland and I make a living selling my work (platinum prints) on eBay and off my web sites.

Since most of my customers buy online I thought that a sort of detailed photographic walkthrough explaining how my prints are mounted, presented and packaged would be useful to them.

I thought that perhaps the same information would be appreciated here as well, especially for fellow photographers selling or willing to sell their work online.

Here's the link http://www.fineartplatinum.com/images/finishing.htm

Cheers,
    Luca

2. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Nice reference, and close to identical to the process I'm using (though I'm not selling on Ebay. Hmmm.....). Are you signing on the matte then, or the print? Picture looks like you're signing the matte, but the text says "print"

3. Helen B

Helen B Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll jump in because I have one of Luca's beautiful prints, Celosia, in front of me - a gift from a friend. There is a small signature in pencil on the matte just below the bottom right of the window and an edition number just below the bottom left. The print itself is signed on the back.

Best,
    Helen

4. Luca

Luca Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks Bjorke I have made the correction, I sign in fact the mount). I see your Hmmmm... why don't you give it a try.. although the photographs category on eBay is not going well at all right now.

Thanks Helen please enjoy your print.

5. mark

mark Member

Thanks, and beautiful work too.