Movie: "Time Zero: The Last Year of Polaroid Film"

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by michael_r, Apr 27, 2014.

1. michael_r

michael_r Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Saw this documentary (from 2012) on TV last night. I wish it had been more about Polaroid and less about people who shoot Polaroid, but still interesting to watch.

2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do not trust what is said about and by Impossible.

3. michael_r

michael_r Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know what "Impossible" is. It was just an interesting movie mostly about how people think about the instant film image.

I'm assuming you're upset because of the history of Polaroid in relation to nullified patents by Weyde etc?

4. TIMEZEROmovie

TIMEZEROmovie Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    Hi Michael,

My name is Grant Hamilton and I directed TIME ZERO. I'm glad you thought it was interesting. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Grant

5. duffynzara

duffynzara Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Where can we view it?

6. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I saw this a well, it was cool to see interviews from people who were a part of the polaroid company for decades. Nice sound track as well.

There was a section of the film
    from inside the plant showing the machines. And a small animation if the workings of a sx70 camera. I wish there was some more coverage of the various variety cameras, and types of polaroid films made such as in the end where there was a quick slide show of the impossible products. When I wrapped I felt it kinda seemed like a long ad for impossible though. The impossible story maybe should have been a separate documentary. And some cool stuff was left out, such as those awesome 20x24 polaroid cameras that are still in use.