Mr Cad sale

Discussion in 'UK All Regions' started by Peter Black, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Peter Black

Peter Black Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Mr Cad ad in this week's AP announces a sale from Monday 10 to Saturday 22 December with 50% off ALL used equipment. The downside is that it also says "in store", so I guess it will be irrelevant for those of us who can't make it to Croydon. As ever, their starting prices look a touch high, but possibly a few bargains there for someone!

2. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info Peter. That means their prices will be sensible for the first time in about 10 years :wink: . Much as I like the Alladin's Cave that is Mr Cad, realistic prices and quality goods have not always been their hallmark. I'll try to pop down there.

Cheers, Bob.

3. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I could not have put it better myself; just one point though I think it's nearer 25 years than 10! :smile:

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bob, I have to agree with you - quality has not been a hallmark of MrCad's second hand items, I had to return a supposedly good LF lens as it was unusable. That was about 15 years ago, I won't buy from them ever again. In marked contrast Robert White's quality is outstanding, excellent means like new, good means very good condition optically and mechanically, fair means still very useable.

Ian

5. Leon

Leon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    yes - another bad experience here ... I bought a 40mm wide for my broni SQ, described as the PS version and excellent condition = was actually the S version and had a huge scratch down the front. It was worthless in my opinion. Back it went by return of post.

6. keeds

keeds Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've bought 10 qty second hand 10x8 film holders from them, had a a problem with one which they replaced by return post so my experience is not bad.

7. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've never had a bad experience with them either. I've had many enjoyable visites to their Croydon store, but never brought anything from them.

8. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hmm. I have never had a bad experience with an electric chair either. I've sat in one many times but never when the electricity was switched on.:D

pentaxuser

9. thomsonrc

thomsonrc Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm not buying mail order from MrCad again. Bought a pentax 645 body, asked if all was OK and they confirmed it was in good condition. When it arrived I found that it was 'well used' which I didnt mind, but also that it looked liek someone had been playing around with a screwdriver in body and left a work of abstract art on the focussing screen. If this had been an ebay transaction I would have been disappointed, but a retailer?

10. Stephen Frizza

Stephen Frizza Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    pentaxuser you have made me laugh so hard!