Multi use Autochrome Plate Screen Contact Copy

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by Mustafa Umut Sarac, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I think with this invention , everyone could produce his her autochrome at home. Read below ;

Autochrome 8x10 or larger processed antique plate could be purchased from antique dealer starting from 60 dollars or climb to few hundreds , than panchromatic emulsion side could be removed from the glass plate , than 8x10,4x5, or smaller color film could be contacted with starch colored RGB layer and with help of light , color slide film could copy this screen on its surface with all starch grains distrubution and colors..

Than all needed is a large format camera , your color slide film with autochrome screen copied on it and an black and white film .

Someone could sell these slide screens , use them multiple time with crosses .

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

2. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    In addition to above , someone could use this panchromatic emulsion removed autochrome plate as his her main screen also.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

3. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hey--why wouldn't a very grainy color film--exposed to pure white and processed--reversal film--the white is equal RGB up close, right? it'd be much smaller, but it'd be a nice random pattern--then you can maybe enlarge that film if the color bits are too small? I mean--isn't a grey card exposed on color film made up of equal RGB?

say you want bigger RGB "grains", then magnify the straight piece of film, say 2x, 4x? 10x??? whatever is needed, on another color slide filim...then there you have it, right?

4. peterkunz

peterkunz Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sorry, this is a quite old thread, but have you tried it, Mustafa? Really like the idea and this is what I thought would be the resonable thing to do. What I would like to try is 8x10 autochrome, but I would need a scan (?) of an autochrome screen for that purpose. Has anybody tried printing them on transparent film with an Epson?
    Thanks, Peter

5. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello Peter,

I shared above idea with worlds most important Autochrome expert , Bertrand Levadrine who was the writer of Autochrome book and he said he was using that technology for his photography. He removed the pan bw from plate , used with large format camera and bw pan film and matched the filter and positive.

You can try , I have 300 hobbies and photography is only one , I turned to a idiot to try to invent for each hobby. I dont remember my old posts and When I saw them one year later , I say who wrote that ?

You can scan and print , scan and use at photoshop , make a autochrome scren contact print slide copy or above. Lots of alternatives.