Multiple exposures with OM2

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by BetterSense, Oct 26, 2009.

1. BetterSense

BetterSense Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Due to my cursed SB-28 flash that refuses to fire half the time, I have a recent need for the ability to fire multiple exposures using my OM2n, and I cannot figure out how it's done. On my pentaxen, one can just push the rewind button and then crank the handle, and it will cock the camera without winding. On this camera, cranking the handle seems to disengage the rewind release.

2. mopar_guy

mopar_guy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Which OM-2 model? I believe that there were differences for OM-2N and OM-2S program. I know there is instructions for the OM-2S in the camera manual Part B.

3. BetterSense

BetterSense Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It's an OM2n

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    First, take up any slack using the film rewind knob. While holding tension on the rewind knob, rotate the rewind release lever fully anticlockwise, and hold in that position. Then operate the film advance lever fully in one stroke and allowing the lever to return to its normal position. This allows the camera to cock the shutter without advancing the film. Hope that helped.

Rick

6. BetterSense

BetterSense Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Oh, I guess I need to hold that fiddly little rewind knob to keep it from springing back. I guess I wasn't using my 3rd hand very well.

7. geauxpez

geauxpez Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yep. I have done it with that camera and it is quite a fiddly operation. Make sure you have a rock-solid tripod.