MultiTone paper at B&H

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Ektagraphic, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  2. seadrive

seadrive Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have no idea where it comes from, but this caught my eye:

"The paper's pearl finish gives it an appealing matte look with subtle highlights and subdued shadows, for a beautiful photo, free from the perils of hyper contrast."

The perils of hyper contrast??? Hahahaha, who makes this stuff up?

3. rorye

rorye Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Hyper copywriters :smile:

4. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I wonder if it was supposed to be Multi-GRADE rather than TONE? Sounds like a case of mis-translation if it came from a foreign country....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
  5. E76

E76 Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    I like how one of he features is "low fog." Not "no fog," but "low fog," as if some fog is still desirable. :blink:

6. inlarry

inlarry Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I personally like their storage recommendations: "The paper should be kept intact in the original package in a dry, cool,
    ammonia-free, hydro sulfuric gas-free and radiation-free place."

Is it just me, or does that scream China?

7. desertrat

desertrat Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That sounds like good advice, as all of those will fog films and papers. And yes, some of the phrases in the product description are a bit awkwardly translated into English, and look similar to some film descriptions I've seen on ebay from sellers in China. I recently bought some RC VC paper at a similar price from Ultrafine Online, and note no country of origin or expiration date anywhere on the package. I think there's a fair chance I could have some of the same stuff, except mine is glossy. I plan to test it soon.

8. Robert Ley

Robert Ley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought a 100 sheet box of the 8x10 glossy and thought that it worked quite well for my purposes. I cut it down to 4x5 and reprinted some old B&W negatives when my children were young. They are all in their early thirties or late twenties and two have children of their own. I don't think that I would use it for any serious work but for work prints it is fine. It gave good blacks and the contrast was consistent to my color head. I would suspect that it is Chinese, but that doesn't really matter because it works well and is priced right.