Murray's dream come true....

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Jeremy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm. Remains of torpedo cameras, I think. Much, much, too easy for Murray to bother with.

3. Murray@uptowngallery

Murray@uptowngallery Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    How come I'm the last (#3) to hear of this?

4. Murray@uptowngallery

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Say, would these make good parts for underwater cameras? ;O)

5. medform-norm

medform-norm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Say, Murray, what about your 1 negative eBay feedback? Wanna share it with us :wink: ?

6. thedarkroomstudios

thedarkroomstudios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just thought it was funny to see the OpTech Fashion strap thrown in too :smile: Very very important accessory... I can just see one of you now wandering around with the 5x7 strapped around your neck!

7. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Ahhhhh @#$%^&*CRAP*&^%$#@ Jeremy!!!!!!!!!!

"Murray's dream come true"? You went and got me all excited...I thought you had built me and the family a stone cabin halfway up the Gilttoyees River Valley, stocked it with enough food and film for five months, and deposited ten million bucks into my bank account... :sad:

Murray (The real one!)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2005
  8. Murray@uptowngallery

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I spent half my life in Pennsylvania and never met or heard of another Murray, other than Fred Mac- in the Disney movies.

I moved to Michigan and have heard of or met 6-7, mostly Canadian. Mayb emy parents never told me I was Canadian?

Me-Fo-No: Yeah...the moral of the story is never complain to a Scam artist when you buy a new item that was beat to crap & made in 1988, or you'll get 'grudge feedback'.

Beware a certain e-### seller:
    http://multi-volti.com/KIEV/KIEV.htm

M( grrr)

9. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You bought something from Cambridge? CAMBRIDGE? Are you out of your mind? CAMBRIDGE?

No question about it, you're crazy. That enterprise is not safe to deal with and has been reported not safe to deal with many, many times. They've been reviled as crooks all over the known universe for at least the last 20 years.

Who sups with the Devil had best bring a long spoon. I bet you eat soup with your hands.

10. medform-norm

medform-norm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm, it seems Murray may have forgotten to do his research homework: finding a long enough spoon! Who's first to find this for him on eBay?

11. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    If it is soup being discussed ia not Murray man enough to be able to do it with just a straw? I am quite sure that he is.

Jeez, I can only imagine and can not quite wrap my mind around the idea of what it may be like to suspect that one has Canadian blood in his veins.

I am not familar with Holland Michigan. Can anyone tell me how far uptown is from downtown?

12. Murray@uptowngallery

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I thought Canada (Toronto was my only reviewed city) was a great place to visit. I thought it would be a great place to live too, but there was the problem of a job, and then the exchange rate advantage honeymoon would be over. Even the panhandlers (is that a term from my parents' youth?) were courteous, unlike my experience in Philadelphia.

'Uptown' is, well, walkin' distance from downtown, and since we've always been on the fringe of downtown, we thought Uptown was a good name when we opened. I of course, am reputedly on some other fringes as well.

The problem with straws is which end to use...I'm mechanically challenged.

13. Murray@uptowngallery

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I think Milwaukee is directly across the lake from me.

Yes, I should have done some research...I thought, oh, never mind that, you wouldn't believe I gave any thought first...

Of course, NOW I see that it is pointless to follow thru with any resolution directed by them or I'd be, uh, to state it politely, be asking for further indignity. The resolution would be quite simple...provide what was advertised.

Square Trade has been invoked (not by me)...I'll approach it in good faith & see if it turns out right or is a joke...depending upon how much further inflamed they get me...I may have to take further action in the altruistic interests of the rest of the innocent bystanders.