My First Cyanotype :)

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by ErinHilburn, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ErinHilburn

ErinHilburn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    While nothing special I was so excited I wanted to share it with everyone else. I mixed my own chemistry and made my first cyanotype:smile: I had a bit of trouble scanning it in though so the fogged areas are not nearly so fogged. They are only slightly so. I'm a bit scanner stupid :wink:

[​IMG]

2. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Pretty neat. What kind of paper is that? It looks like it's got a lot of texture to it, almost like fabric. You can have a lot of fun with this process, and it's cheap to boot! Try different papers and even fabric for interesting results. If you can get a hold of some ortho film, you can enlarge your smaller negatives and print them using a piece of glass sitting on a piece of foam, a proof printer, or a contact frame.

- Randy

3. ErinHilburn

ErinHilburn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks, It is fabric :wink: Its some sort of cotton muslin.

4. buggy

buggy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great job! Hope to be seeing some more prints soon.

5. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congrats! Isn't it a good feeling to be successful. I've never done photograms on cloth... only negatives on paper. My blue hasn't ever been as blue as yours. I like it.

6. Willie Jan

Willie Jan Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    i did my first cyanotype yesterday. Some friends looked strange when i went outside with my neg/paper under glass. I put it onto the table where they sat and you say the blue coming up fast (it was very hot yesterday here..)
    They thought i new it all (if only they knew)

After 3 minutes i took it back inside and put it into the water. they followed me to see what happened... it is very nice to extend my hobby with this.

Happy shooting!