My first SLR (from 25 years ago)

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Steve Smith, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have just visited my parents and whilst I was there I picked up a camera which was my first SLR.

It is an Edixa Prismaflex with its original Edixa-Auto-Cassaron 50mm, f2.8 lens.
    It also came with a 35mm non auto stop down lens.

Lens mount is 42mm and shutter speeds go from 1/30 to 1/500.

About 25 years ago my father handed it to me in a box and said "here, do you want this?"

It hasn't had a film through it for about 18 years but it all seems to work correctly so I intend to try it out soon.

Steve.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2007
  2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had an Edixa around 1972, solid, very heavy not a subtle camera, lacking any refinement, you could see why the German camera industry lost its way. Although reliable it really couldn't compare to the Pentax I replaced it with.

Ian

3. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I find that I shoot very differently when I use quirky cameras, and I think this camera would fall solidly into that category.

Definitely fire a few films through it for old time's sake. Let us know if you find that you shoot differently now with this camera than you do with your usual gear.

4. pesphoto

pesphoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    My dad recently gave me my Pentax K1000 that I learned on just about 25 years ago. Like yours it still works fine.
    I thought the camera was lost until he brought it to me and said " i think this is yours". It was originally his until he gave it to me to learn with.

5. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My first camera I got 30 years ago, a Nikon F2AS. It got stolen 7 years after I bought it. I wish I still have it today.