My LF lens is coming

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by TareqPhoto, Feb 4, 2013.

1. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    WOW

An update: My lens is shipped, and now i have to wait its arrival, WOW, i thought i will wait about 2-3 weeks until the lens is in stock then shipped, but to my surprise by sudden i checked out my email and there is the tracking number.

Well, what i should shoot when i get the lens? I am not good in LF yet and i don't want to shoot 1-3 sheets only and i don't want to develop by trays, i have the mod54 so i want at least 6 sheets to process, what to shoot?

I am so thrilled, can't wait!!!

2. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I placed the order last week but the lens was out of stock, and the sales told me it will be in stock within 3-6 weeks, so i gave up and told myself i have to wait until end of February and see if the lens will show up in stock with them ans then shipped to me, but as i said, they didn't take longer than 1 week [i feel even it didn't complete 1 week] until they shipped it to me, still there in US and i check out the tracking everyday now, fingers crossin.............

Now i have to plan for which next LF lens to get later in the future, but i think i should think about a darkroom now for my LF, otherwise you will not see any shots from me as i will only depend on scan for now.

3. Jesper

Jesper Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like you are really looking forward to some serious photography. Good luck!
    Beware of GAS ("Now I have to plan for which next LF lens to get..."), but that is probably inevitable.

4. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am, but who knows, first i have to enjoy and take my time experimenting this lens, it will open my joy with LF.

What is GAS? Also this is not in control, once getting one camera or one lens then the bug doing its job to addict for more. :laugh:

5. nicholai

nicholai Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome. The illness that strikes us all, with a drive to get more... and more... and more...

6. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ah ok, thanks!

So,i am not the only one, also it is not the first time, i had this disease since 2006 :laugh:

Well, Whether i buy another lens or not doesn't matter, i have time to save budget and also it will not be very soon unless i feel i need another lens, for now i have to use the lens once i receive it soon and later i can worry about another lens, in 3-5 months i will have a budget to buy 2 lenses not just one so i never worry after 3-5 months if i have a budget or no.

7. Robert Ley

Robert Ley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What lens did you purchase and was it new or used?

8. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Schneider SA 72mm XL f/5.6, Brand New.

9. PanaDP

PanaDP Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Ouch! On a positive note, I bet your wallet is a lot more comfortable to sit on now.

10. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, on 2010 i was just standard, 2011 down very bad, 2012 recovered, so now this year i have a hunger for photography and gear :tongue:

11. ColdEye

ColdEye Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Some desert landscapes would be nice, or pictures of the sea. :smile: You live in a nice place, we used to live in Al Ain when I was still a kid. :smile:

12. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh, didn't know you were living in Al Ain.

Well, i am not into desert photography at all, and about the sea, yes, this is one thing i am gonna do, but not from beginning, and your comment that i live in a beautiful place, well, the only beautiful thing here is the sun and warm weather for about 3-4 months and then very hot humid weather for the rest of the year, also cheap food.

13. lightwisps

lightwisps Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Tareq, Congrats, can't wait to see your shots from the lens. Don

14. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you, Don!

Yes, can't wait to use the lens, but i don't have printing device and no darkroom, and here they want almost only prints, you will not see anything. :tongue:

15. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The lens arrived the country, and it will be delivered by Saturday, and the customs duty for it is about $130, and i really don't know where did people say that UAE is free of Tax, we are "Call for Duty".

Anyhow, i have to wait few days until i feel fine after that bad customs duty or TAX.

16. cowanw

cowanw Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The Hafit tombs look like something you can take your time over. Jebel Hafit looks good. Al Ain fort and oasis. Jebel Mileiha. Hatta and Hajar mountains. Wadi Wurrayah.
    Looks like there is so much more than sand and water
    Tell Abraq may be closer to Ajman and looks interesting.
    http://www.exploretheemirates.com/#/explore-emirates

17. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

HEHE, so you google it and you name them for me?

Well, those areas are all far away from me, but i am thinking about some places nearby, there is an area with full houses empty old, i think look like ruins, but they always keep a horror stories about that isolated place, as it is full of ghosts or what we call it "Jinn".

18. cowanw

cowanw Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ah well, I have no idea of distances or ease of travel.
    but I have seen some marvelous non sand images from U.A.E.
    By the way, you know you will have to use infrared film to get the Jinn to record.:smile:

19. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Its ok, i invite you to visit my country and see around.

Well, i am not into shooting infrared [means not into Jinn], :laugh::D

20. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Finally i received the lens just now few minutes ago.

What a gem or beauty! I hope this lens will open my joy in large format, wish if it was here yesterday, today is last day of the weekend and i will be busy today, tomorrow until Thursday i have work and coming back tired, so i hope i can have photos as soon as possible and post something here.