My luck continues to improve.

Discussion in 'Contact Printing' started by JBrunner, Mar 31, 2006.

1. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I used to be incredibly lucky, then things went bad, and for a few years, despite a positive attitude, it pretty much sucked to be me. I've felt things cycling back lately, and overall everything has been getting better. Signs that the luck is returning. Then today, looking at the University surplus wharehouse for a densitometer they had listed, but I could not find, I tripped over this. I don't think its really even been used. I can't tell you how cheap I got it. That would be mean.

My luck is back.

Attached Files:

2. per volquartz

per volquartz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yep!

- that would be really mean! Looks like a great unit for making Platinum prints!

3. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Mercury is dangerous, you d better send it on out to Nevada, where I can dispose of it properly for you :D

4. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format

It will be interesting to try. The vacuum plate bottom shoud be good for any kind if contact printing. Just got to figure out a way to get a dimmer light under it when I don't want high intensity UV.

Also, does anybody know how to program the preset keys?

5. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I am experimenting right now with a new Continuous Xenon light system, the ULF 28 by AmerGraph, which has a configuration similar to the NuArc. This unit comes with a light attenuator that can be placed just underneath the light. This attenuator is in effect a filter that reduces light by about 60%. To print with AZO, which is a relatively slow paper, I anticpate that I will need, in addition to the attenuator, at least about .90 of neutral density, and a lot more for contact printing with projection bromide papers.

Sandy