My lucky lens day: early Nippon Kogaku lens and case

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Trask, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Oct 23, 2005
    35mm RF
    Just to show that occasionally Lady Luck smiles on us all: I stopped into a local camera store yesterday that's nearly all digital but takes analog gear in trade, and found a near-mint Nippon Kogaku Tokyo 13.5cm f/3.5 lens, with NKT rear lens cap (but a Nikkor lens cap), correct 10.5 cm/13.5 cm hood, and mint NKT leather case for $45. They had a mint NKT case for a 10.5 cm lens, too (but not the lens itself) -- would I like that for $5? Yes, I would.

OK, it's not the tick mark version, but still, it was made in 1962 and looks great, and goes nicely with my F. Focusing is a bit stiff, probably from lack of use.

Also picked up a Canon new FD 50mm f/3.5 macro for $80, a Canon FD SC 100mm f/2.8 for the same price, and a Canon FD 135mm f/3.5 for $30 with caps, all in excellent condition. I'll slap those on my T90. Now I need to find the Canon 25mm extension tube for the macro.

I hadn't intended on spending all that money, but each struck me as a good price for a usedful piece of equipment - except the Canon 135, but who could resist it at just $30?:D
  2. PentaxBronica

PentaxBronica Member

Mar 13, 2011
    I love finding mint early gear, although I try to keep my collection to 1975 or later as that covers all Pentax K mount lenses. I have a handful of lenses from the original SMC Pentax range which was only made for a couple of years and they'll give modern lenses serious competition if you play to their strengths.
  3. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Richmond VA.
    Multi Format
    I also have some Canon FD stuff, you might check out KEH for extension tubes.