My New Book "Recollections" Special Offer for APUG Members

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by johnsexton, Nov 1, 2006.

1. johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    APUG Friends,

I wanted to let you know about my new book, Recollections: Three Decades of Photographs, and hope this is the appropriate forum to do so. I don't mean this to be an overtly "commercial" announcement, but I am very excited with the way my new book has turned out. I feel that Dave Gardner, and the skilled crew at Dual Graphics, has attained reproduction quality that is the finest I have ever achieved in replicating my silver prints.

You can learn more about the book by visiting my web site http://www.johnsexton.com If you are so inclined to purchase the book, autographed copies are available at a discounted price, and I have made arrangements at the Ventana Editions online store http://www.ventanaeditions.com for free ground shipping within the 48 United States for APUG members. Simply enter the discount code 'APUG' at the during the checkout procedure, and you will receive free shipping on my new book, along with any other items purchased.

There's also a place on the order form where you can indicate if you would like a book personally inscribed. I have been traveling for the past two weeks conducting lectures and seminars on the East Coast, so shipment of autographed and inscribed books will take a little bit of time, but the books are in stock, and will begin to ship again when I return home to Carmel Valley, and can catch up on the backlog of orders for inscribed books that have accumulated.

Recollections is also available through a variety of online and traditional book retailers.

For those that might be attending the PhotoPlus Expo in New York later this week - November 2-4 - I will be conducting book signings each day of the event at the Kodak booth and Light Impressions booth. Recollections will be available at the Expo for a special discounted price - thanks to the good folks at Light Impressions. I will also be conducing a seminar, “Focus on Black and White” from 9:00 to 11:00 am on Friday, November 3rd. Detailed information on the seminar and book signing times can be found at my web site,

If you have any questions, please email info@johnsexton.comrather than through a PM, of call 831-659-3130.

THANKS!

2. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Congratulations on the new book. It is great to see you post here on APUG. I had the privilege of seeing an advanced copy of this book, and it is indeed a beautiful piece of work.

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks John, from an unabashed Velvia fan. I have to admit I am quite fond of your work however. I'll be gtting a copy for myself. Thanks for the offer.

4. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi John,

Congratulations on the new book. I look forward to meeting you at the Light Impressions booth this coming Saturday.

Rich

5. Mark_S

Mark_S Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I attended John's seminar in Portland Maine this last saturday, and picked up a copy of the book - some very nice images in the book, and very well printed and put together. Bravo John

6. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    we as a community should support our own by buying direct, and letting a photographer who has this as their means of support get more of the monies from the sale. You do this by buying direct from the publisher John has listed. It might be a small thing, but if this is what it takes to keep traditional photographers in business and putting out such excellent books, we need to help. Just like I would reccomend we all do it for any other photograher on apug who is selling a book.

7. RAP

RAP Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Well John, I think you will find many admirers here, myself included.

Welcome!

8. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the announcement. Book ordered.

9. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for posting this announcement. I have two of your books, and will order this one as well. It is generous of you to make a special offer to apug members as it makes us feel even more like a community in a photographic world that is moving further and further away from traditional craft and values.

Best wishes for much success with this newest of your fine books.

10. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Awww.... nothing fer us non-USA people! Good to see you John, and nice to see you're an ape-hugger too.

11. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congrats John, I have had "Quiet Light" for a while and have been meaning to pick up your others as well. This is very tempting :smile:

Sean

12. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Being sole provider for our household and being an amateur photographer with limited disposable income, I buy books whereever price is best. John, I confess. I bought your book at Amazon. Looking forward to getting it.

13. Jerry Basierbe

Jerry Basierbe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi John,
    It's great to see you here on APUG. I'm hoping for a copy of the book for Christmas. Say hi to Anne and Laura.

Jerry & Linda

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. AllenR

AllenR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just received my copy of John's new book the other day and it is superb!

16. johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks to all for the kind comments!

For international shipments -- enter the APUG discount code. $5.00 will be deducted from the international shipping charges. Ventana Editions charges only the ACTUAL postage charges for overseas shipping. There is no additional charge for packaging (we use first class packaging to help ensure books arrive in perfect condition). You will be emailed the actual postage costs for your approval before your credit card is charged.

17. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John, thanks for the answer, and thank you also for the rebate! I'm glad to see that Ventana is keen to the new Internet-globalized business practices (whatever I mean...).

18. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can also say the book is great. Glad to see you here!

19. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Received mine the other day. Very, very nice.
    Thanks John.

20. johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    It's good to be here.

Hope all is well with you. It's very busy right now with the new book.

John

21. johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks for the kind words about Recollections. I am glad that you are pleased with the book. John

22. Robert Brummitt

Robert Brummitt Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    It was fun to see and hear John's lecture here in Portland, Oregon. I have the book and I've been studying the images. Gosh it good. Real good. I wish you great success with it.
    :smile:

23. haryanto

haryanto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I've just receive this book via my friend Mr. Suherry, Indonesia, this is amazing book, the quality prints pics in this book very beautiful, a must have for BW anthusiast

thanks John

24. timbo10ca

timbo10ca Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John- I just got your book. I'm not going to gush......... but WOW!! :D As I was turning the pages, all I could think was "how the hell does he DO that?", and "it must take alot of work!" My goal is to have one picture of that quality in the next 5 years :wink:

Congratulations on a fine piece of work, cover to cover (that's not 18% grey, is it?). My wife walked by and said "Wow- that's a nice book". I'm sure it'll do great.

Cheers, Tim

25. michaelsalomon

michaelsalomon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just got my copy the other day - absolute magic.

26. Buster6X6

Buster6X6 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got my copy 3 weeks ago supposedly inscribed, it was not still waiting to be replaced with inscribed one. Bummer.:sad:
    One of the best books on B/W photography I have seen.
    In line with Lodima Press books.

Greg