Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Nige, Oct 11, 2004.
386kb file (animated gif... let it fully load!) --> http://www.nlandgl.com/racks/drying.html
Auto loading too?
Are you providing the hot air to dry them?...
I like them, and the cool animation you did. I just finished my own, very similar drying racks. What I've been doing thus far, is taking the top rack, flipping it over and laying over the prints that are face down on the lower rack. So far it seems to help minimize the curling.
Very nice!!! Clever presentation, too! haha
Thanks alot, Nige! Now I have another project...I was wondering what else I could cram into my darkroom. The space under my work table is one of the few unused areas left. Not for long though. Good idea, but how do I get the racks to "auto eject" like yours?
Toooooo !How's the curl on FB?
Hey, did you sneak a peak at my darkroom? Those are identical to what I built! Big suprise - there's only so many ways to build drying racks . I see that you took the additional step of painting yours. You keener you. Mine I left unpainted.
John: I use a small fan to circulate the air (slowly) over my prints. I've ever had a problem with curling. Strangely enough, when I did squeegee each side of the print, the print curled more than when I just squeegeed the emulsion side. So that's all I do now - it seems that enough water is removed from the fibre back when I do the front that they dry at about the same rate - they end up being quite flat. Flat, that is, for fibre....they still need to be flattened before mounting.
Thanks Ken . The drying rack design is great. Very efficient use of space.
Thanks for posting your demo Nige.
I am proud of them A project I've actually completed in the same weekend I started it!
Haven't used them for any FB yet, those sample prints are RC, which is why they are flat! Also, if I need more I can add another rack to the bottom, although I think I have enough area (8 8x10's per tray). regarding the mention of painting, I painted the top surfaces only to protect them from drips and to fit my white on white colour scheme, but left the wood bare underneath so they slide easy (paint on paint would probably stick).
Also, sorry about the file size, I have no idea why the 7-8 frames, all 12-13kb each got turned into such a big file! Someone on the forum works for Adobe, I should ask them! (it was done with Adobe ImageReady) as I couldn't find the little pgm I usually would use and it was already midnight when I was trying to do this. snoozzzze
Those innovative Aussies!!
That is a brilliant idea!
I was thinking about doing this myself...Now I know that I have to!
Separate names with a comma.