My new lens arrived!

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by rogueish, May 6, 2005.

1. rogueish

rogueish Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just received, moments ago, hot off the UPS truck, my new (used) Mamiya RB67 150 C sf(with discs and caps) f4 77mm lens! Shipped in from KEH Camera Brokers (APUG Sponsor) .Can't hardly wait to try it out!

Is it quiting time yet? Can I go home now? I don't <cough> feel so <cough, cough> well <sniffle>. I think I've caught the shutter bug that's going round and might have leave early...

2. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Maybe your new lens is like the one I just got - radioactive?

I just received my new old Industar-61! A short break from shutter cleaning and testing :smile:

3. mikeb_z5

mikeb_z5 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Immediately leave work! You wouldn't want to bring down the entire office with that terrible cough :smile:

Mike

4. medform-norm

medform-norm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What is it? Parcel delivery day today? Congratulations to you both and lots of fun with the new arrival. If you're done testing, send the lenses on to us, so we can test our newly arrived wooden focal plane shutter - in near mint condition, with the rare shutter release cable and all in original box. Only needs a new curtain and she'll be ready for anything...that will fit inside the 54mm lens opening.

So who else got something nice by mail today?

Remember " Share & Enjoy"!

5. rogueish

rogueish Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    RADIOACTIVE!
    Spider senses tingling,
    danger nearby,
    must go and set up camera to catch the action...
    hmm... perhaps it is radioactive, a couple colleagues are looking a little green (with envy). :wink:

Congrats on the new lens Ole, how many is that now? 70, 75 lenses?

Sorry medform-norm but testing will be taking several years. I want to be real thorough before I send any lens on to the next "inspector". Good luck on your shutter.

6. Ole

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Don't know actually, but I believe (and hope) it's less than that. About 30 LF lenses including old brass things, about 15 RF 35mm lenses (all except two are 50mm!), three great MF lenses (Bronica), and about 10 old folders with lenses? About 60, I'd say...

Attached Files:

7. medform-norm

medform-norm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    And you think those pics are going to induce me & others to do likewise? Way, man, your shelves are so tidy! You can actually count them one by one. But your 'old brass things' look quite nice..yummie. I'd have just the set of shutters for them...

8. rogueish

rogueish Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Mrs' looked over my shoulder at your thumbnails and said "Don't even think about it!"
    Good thing I got that lens when I did.

Now, all I need is...

9. djklmnop

djklmnop Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Ah, UPS.... They will help you *break* it in. They are famous for such talent!

Congrats on your new camera :D

10. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ole, you are to be commended on your restraint. When I think of all the 50mm lenses you have not bought, well I am just amazed. Is it possible in Norway to get government funding for homeless cameras and lenses? Sort of an altenheim...Ole's Old Optics Preservation Society. I am not allowed to vote in Norway but I think this would be a good idea.

11. Ole

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Claire, are you perhaps referring to the "Refugee Section"? That little heap of more-or-less collapsed Ukrainian Leitz copies?

They came to me by chance - I was after ONE, then discovered that what with postage, popularity and so on it was cheaper to buy 10 from a new seller without feedback... So I did - I have managed to find some of the better ones new homes, but the rest are huddling together in the bottom left corner of my cabinet :wink: