My new Tachihara 45GF

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by roboflick, Oct 26, 2010.

1. roboflick

roboflick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just unboxed my brand new Tachihara 45GF that i ordered from Jim at Midwest Photo, contrary to rumors, these cameras are still being made. According to Jim, the maker has enough wood to make cameras for another 5 years. I love it it is really a thing of beauty. I just did a test shot with one of my last 2 sheets of Fuji black and white instant film, at f5.6 and it turned out beautifully sharp with my 150mm apo sironar n lens. I can't wait to get it outside to shoot some velvia!

I also plan on getting a pup tent to load some black and white film into holders at some point.

Thanks to everyone here for some great info.

I also have a crown graphic, that I won't have a need for that i stripped down to use as a field camera but have all of the hardware if anyone is interested. It also has 2 copal 0 lens boards. Its condition is excellent. Send me a pm if interested.

Nik

Attached Files:

2. roboflick

roboflick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One question, would the camera benefit from an application of Renaissance wax? It will be getting as dry as the desert pretty soon here in Wisconsin.

3. jmcd

jmcd Member

Wax as applied to fine wood and buffed is such a thin layer that it would provide no protection from moisture exchange. However, the finish on the camera will.

4. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congrats! It's a thing of beauty.

5. roboflick

roboflick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks !

6. roboflick

roboflick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you I am really enjoying it! I've wanted one for a long time

7. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Jim set me up with exactly the same outfit about 7 or 8 years ago......you'll like it :smile: