My Nikon AI-mount Rokinon 28mm f2.8

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Trade' started by j-dogg, Jun 29, 2011.

1. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For your Canon shutter cord for Canon 5D Classic /20d/30d etc.

Tack sharp, I have a 28 2.8 Macro Albinar ADG already and this needs to get used. It was a pawnshop rescue, the elements are clean and fungus-free. The focus ring is a little chunky but it works well enough. Has the little pre-AI tab for you Nikkormat guys.

Also looking for a refrigerator-kept roll of Ektar 25 from the late 80's for the July 8th Shuttle Launch

2. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have several freezer-kept rolls of Ektar 25. I have 120 and 35mm. I will have to check how many of each and get back to you if you are interested. I don't think the expiration date is late 1980's, though. I think it is '90's.

3. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Early 90's is okay. I love the grain of the classic Ektar.

I haven't moved to 120 yet but when I get back on my feet I'm making the move to an RB67 / Kiev system, and I will likely be hitting you up again for that.

4. guitstik

guitstik Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    J-dogg, I have the RB67 that you are looking for. We can work something out with the Minolta gear you have plus a lil somin somin. I'm not talking cash, more along the lines of Minolta lenses. I'm looking for Auto Rokkor or 1st gen MC glass.

5. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here is what I have in the way of Ektar 25:

- Four rolls 35mm, emulsion matching and identically stored, expired 05/1998
    - Four rolls 120, emulsion matching and identically stored, expired 01/1998 (One box is splayed, but the spool itself is still wrapped.)

All are from the collection of a local commercial photographer (Todd Johnson) who a friend used to work for. Knowing Todd's level of technical obsession, I am assuming he stored them properly until I got them in 2006. They have been frozen since I got them. I have shot the 35mm and it seems OK for the most part, but perhaps a slight bit muted and with a very slight color cast. I shoot this film when I want that look, not when I want absolutely perfect color.

Here is an example (a pic of my own 3-print series on the wall at a group show, with my and my father's reflection) shot unfiltered in tungsten light hand held with my IIIc Leica, scanned with a Nikon scanner, and color corrected in the computer. I happen to have this example scanned because I needed to send it to a family member at the time.

[​IMG]

I'm not so sure I want to get rid of the 120 just yet, but make me an offer on the 35mm if you want it. I don't think I need the lens you are offering, though. But I shoot Canon and Nikon manual focus cameras, and Mamiya medium format stuff. Or make an offer of money.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
  6. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well I'm unemployed and got pretty much nothing until by some miracle I get hired :/

7. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nothing to trade? I already have three 28mm lenses...