My way of saying thanks.

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Pavel+, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Pavel+

Pavel+ Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm an old film shooter who left the game in the mid nineties and then re-discovered photography as a hoby, this time, through digital. After four years of digital I, on a strange whim, bought a F100 and re-discovered what I had lost. Film all of a sudden became something that put the joy back in for me.
    So, being one to get carried away I went out and bought a Mamiya system as well. (I had started as a kid with my dads rolleiflex)

In the last year or so I shot a bit of both 35 and 645 film. I like what 645 offers very much but slowly had to admit that despite the love of the larger negative that it was not my kind of thing as much as 35 - and so a while ago I sold the mamiya system

The sale has left me with a few rolls of MF film, 18 to be precise. I really appreciate the knowledge and the obvious love for the film medium and have learned a few things here since joining - so I though that I could give a small token of thanks back to this communities members by giving away the small stash of 120 I've got left.

So ... here is the deal. If you are a medium format shooter who would like some free film just mention it in this thread. I figure since 18 divides by three really nicely that in the order put in this thread I will mail out three rolls to the first five folks who ask. Unfortunately it has to be US addresses only ... I don't think this is worth shipping overseas ( :smile: ) and I thought to subscribers only. Like I said, this small token is my appreciacion of some of the good information I've gotten here.
    Oh ... and I was thinking, to make it fair, let me know which kind you want ... but only one type per person.

Let me know in this thread which three you want from the list bellow and PM me where to ship it.

- Pavel

I have:
    4 rolls of HP5+
    2 x delta 400
    2 x panF 50
    1 x tmax 400
    1 x Delta 100
    4 x Provia 100
    2 x Tmax 100
    1 x Portra 100
    1 x Kodak E100

2. Pavel+

Pavel+ Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Oh ... and for my old buddy Snegron ... I'm saving three for you. :smile:

3. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Film!

Pavel, I am interested in 1) Delta 100 (or 400), 2) Pan F, and 3) Portra 100. What a kind gesture of you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2007
  4. KEK

KEK Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pavel i'd be interested in any three B/W
    thanks very much
    Kevin

5. seawolf66

seawolf66 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    B7w film

Could I get my two cents into this:

6. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll use this opportunity to try some MF chrome! :smile: Send me the Provia!

7. Pavel+

Pavel+ Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Will do ... and that is it - I had one person PM me only. I will send them next week and Pm each of you when I do.

8. snegron

snegron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks! :smile: I hope you will still be here with us though! Your input is very valuable here as well. :smile:

9. Pavel+

Pavel+ Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Oh .. yeah. No intention of leaving. I am still with the F100 ... and thinking of adding another one for two film choices.

It was just that I needed a bit of reality (I hate that :smile: ) and focus on 35 rather than spread myself too thin. Now there will be a coolscan 5000 in my future sooner than the 9000 could ever likely have been.

10. snegron

snegron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I understand now! For a moment there I thought you were giving up on film alltogether! (sigh of relief). Staying with one film format does simplify matters, especially when scanning.

The idea of another F100 is a great idea! It is an incredible machine. I know that there are many out there who love their F6's, but I believe that the F6 was designed around the F100, which itself was an improved version of the F5. All this talk about the F100 has just motivated me to go out this Sunday (weather permitting) and shoot a few rolls with my F100! (I'll load the meterless F with a roll as well so it won't feel left out! :D )

11. Kino

Kino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd love the HP5 or whatever Illford you can spare!

12. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think your generous offer has been spoken for by now - and besides - I still have a stash of 120/220 in the freezer that needs to be shot.

But the thought's the thing. Very nice offer - it's what "community" is all about! :wink:

13. Gay Larson

Gay Larson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    What lovely gesture. Very kind of you.

14. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

What a concept. I don't understand it, but what a concept!

tim in san jose

120 (6x4.5, 6x6, 6x7)
    2.25x3.25
    3.25x4.25
    4x5
    5x7

15. Pavel+

Pavel+ Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I sent out film to KEH, David Brown and Unohuu today after work. I hope that it gets there in a few days. I would have sent all of them but the issue was finding little boxes to package the rolls in. Tomorrow I hope, I can get the rest out. Let me know guys when it gets there.

Take care. :smile:

16. KEK

KEK Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pavel I got the film today and two out of the three I've never tried.

Thanks
    Kevin