My worse Bessa screw-up

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Frank-G, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Frank-G

Frank-G Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    Have you ever loaded film only to find out the roll you've just shot didn't "take?" I have done this with both my Bessa R3A's. In fact, I have done this with all my cameras including those with automatic loading! Now I always shove in the film lead a way in there, crank the lever twice, then shut the door. However, there are still times that I forget (because I don't like wasting frames). This was my only screw-up with these Bessa beauts. I just wish I were as perfect as them. :rolleyes:

2. Stephanie Brim

Stephanie Brim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've only done that once and with a camera I wasn't really familiar with. Heh. I think I'm one of the lucky ones. I've heard other people after they do it:

"SON OF A !@#$%."

:D

3. Frank-G

Frank-G Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    And I lost some great shots. Lots of them. :sad:

4. David H. Bebbington

David H. Bebbington Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    With manual wind cameras, always wind one frame before you close the back. And watch the rewind konb/crank to see that it turns when you wind the film.

5. Stephanie Brim

Stephanie Brim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I know the feeling. I've done something on the same level quite a few times, just not this: accidently opening the film door because I think that the camera is empty. Then I see that roll of Tri-X that I shot the other day...

Whoops.

6. Frank-G

Frank-G Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've done that! :D :sad:

7. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Out of deference to a great name signifying 120 folders, I wish those of you who are only talking about Japanese cameras for that itty-bitty format would say so in their subject lines, so that I don't wind up being disappointed when I get to the message. :smile:

8. Lee L

Lee L Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The rewind crank on the R3A doesn't spin when the film is advanced, but the central shaft does spin, and there's a little eccentric red dot on it for just for this purpose.

Lee