Need feedback on Zonal Pro Chems.

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by mckenna, Mar 4, 2006.

1. mckenna

mckenna Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I recently purchased some equipment from a comercial photolab and in the deal I recieved a sizeable quantity of Gamma Plus Film Dev., Factor One print dev. and HQ Warmtone Print Dev. I would appreciate any info on the characteristics of these chems. seems a shame to toss them if they will work. 10 Quarts of assorted chems. I was told that they were less than a year old. None have been opened.

Thanks;

mckenna

2. blansky

blansky Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I use their Gamma Plus film developer exclusively for FP4 and occasionally use their warmtone print developer if I want chocolate brown prints after selenium toning.

I wouldn't toss it. Try it with something that you are used to and see how it compares to what you use now.

Michael

3. craigclu

craigclu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Some limited experience that I had showed rather short life after opening the bottles on their print developers. It happened twice on separately ordered batches but perhaps I had gotten old stock both times?

4. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    If you try it and don't like it, or if you decide not to try it, why not sell it on eBay rather than tossing it? You might not get a lot of money for it, but at least it'll wind up in the hands of somebody who wants it.

5. vet173

vet173 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I have used the gama plus with good results. At a 20:1 ratio it wors like a compensating developer somewhat like D-23.