Need help selling some equipment.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Nathan Riehl, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    So, I have this Sony NEX-F3 kit with a Hexanon 40/1.8 (as well as the needed adapter and a cross screen) and a bunch of accessories including everything it normally comes with, so it's pretty much brand new. I'm having trouble finding a way to sell it all. I have an ad on DPUG, but it seems like no one really goes there. Can anyone recommend a way for me to sell it all without breaking it up? I guess I could just return it, but then I'd have an extra battery and the Hexanon+adapter with no need for it and presumably no way to sell them. I'm trying to get 450 for them, 'cause I spent about 500 for it all. Does that still seem unreasonable? I was thinking about eBay, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get what I want especially with all the fees they charge... and I've had it on CL for what seems like ages.

Just looking for some insight, thanks.

-Nathan

2. Tom1956

Tom1956 Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    ebay

3. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Like I said, I'm just afraid eBay won't yield the results I'm hoping for. I want to turn around the cash for a nice MF SLR set (Bronica or Mamiya), but I won't have the funds unless I sell this.

4. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try FredMiranda dot com
    they have an active 4/3 s scene over there.

you will have to join and pay a fee to post any for sale ads.

5. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A friend of mine recommended them. Damn sign-up fees though, I feel like I have to pay to do anything these days.

6. Tom1956

Tom1956 Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I haven't googled up to see what it is you're selling, but it must be something nobody really wants, and want too much for it. Craigslist is jam full of 300 dollar Pentax K1000's for instance. Put it on ebay for a fat buy-it-now price and keep renewing it till it sells. I did that and sold a Hass 500C/m for a thousand bucks last year that way. Took a while, but I finally got my 1000. It was a nice camera and all and the guy was happy, but they're not worth that any more. GL

7. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The camera is a mirrorless digital slr. Bought it so I could play with all my manual focus lenses, but I don't use it. I guess I'll try eBay. Thanks.

8. Tom1956

Tom1956 Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Oh. I suppose cell phones are making a joke out of digital cameras these days.

9. thegman

thegman Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You could try offering it for trade either here or on rangefinderforum.com, mirrorless is fairly popular on RFF.

10. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Buy a subscription here and list the digigarbage in the "Misc. anything goes" section. Otherwise this thread smacks of trolling for dollars.

11. Oren Grad

Oren Grad Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    http://www.getdpi.com

http://www.talknex.com/

Unfortunately, for low-end digital stuff that's not in particularly high demand it's probably not realistic to expect to get away with only a 10% haircut. Being a new member with no history on any of the discussion boards where you're trying to sell also won't help.

Another possibility if you don't want to hassle is to trade it to KEH. But you should expect to take a 30-50% loss.

12. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was planning on paying for an APUG subscription on Monday of next week, so perhaps I will try here first and if it doesn't work out, I'll see if there's any way I can return it and just sell the extra stuff cheaply. The MF kit I want is only $300 + $12 S+H.

13. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm

14. Brian Legge

Brian Legge Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    So looking at sold listings on ebay, used NEX-F3s go ~$240 and Konica 40mm f1.8 Hexanons ~$65. Unless you get really lucky, you'll probably have a hard time selling above ebay prices elsewhere.

15. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Try selling it on dyxum.com; that's where most of the Sony Alpha people are.

16. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think I might just sell the original kit for 350 and then all the extras for ~$20. I did my calculations and I paid about that for just the base kit. I wouldn't mind giving up the accessories if I just got back what I paid originally. Thanks everyone. Hope you guys will like some of the ads I post once I get around to subscribing.

17. MARKNABIA

MARKNABIA Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sell the whole for $350, you still have $38 change and you're a happy Medium Format owner.otherwise by the time you sold it in the next few months.the MF is gone..

18. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Perhaps. I wouldn't lose too much, but I'd still have to find somebody willing to buy it all for that.

19. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sold it for 400. Lucky me, didn't lose too much.