need info/address/link

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by eagleowl, Jan 21, 2005.

1. eagleowl

eagleowl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone.
    I've just bought a Mamiya C33 from a friend.
    As I expected,the foam light trapping is crumbly(let's face it,it's a 30 year old camera)-other than that it's in absolutely AMAZING condition,and I look forward to using it a LOT!
    Could someone please give me the address or a link to a website which could supply some(I live in South East England)?

Thanks.

2. rjr

rjr Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You could cut it by yourself - get a sheet of foam rubber in your stationery shop and cut it in thin strips with scissors.

Remove the old foam with a toothpick and a solvent, then glue in the new one with. Let the glue dry for a moment, then apply the foam.

Works fine, it´s cheap - black, 0,5mm thick, A4 size, got it for 0,40Euro.

3. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    By coincidence I received a kit today from an ebay.com seller (Jon Goodman - eBay username of "interslice"). He has lots of recommendations on various photo sites. Took about a week to arrive from Texas (from his email to me, he's an ex-Londoner - unlike Dr Johnson, he must have got tired of Life... :wink: ). Enough assorted foam there for at least 3 cameras I'd estimate.

Cost was $6.50 including postage - or about four quid. Do a search on his username in the Advanced Search option on ebay.com - he has two versions, one for $6 and one for $9.99. You will have to use the dreaded Paypal though...

Cheers, Bob.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005
  4. eagleowl

eagleowl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    thanks Bob

I contacted interslice last night-the foam is on it's way!
    My niece's fiancee has a folding camera-wonder if he could use my "leftovers"?