Need instructions on how to replace light trap on A12 back

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Eric Rose, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    If you have something you can email me or send me to a link that shows how, that would be great! Leaving in a couple of days and have 2 leaking backs. Sucks.

2. msage

msage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Eric
    Replacing the trap is easy, getting the part is the hard part. If you have a source for the parts, let me know, please!
    Michael

3. Amund

Amund Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Huh????? :smile:

4. fdisilvestro

fdisilvestro Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. Jim McD

Jim McD Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Your problem is that you need to replace the seals in a few days-it takes longer to get them from Hasselblad USA than that by UPS. You want to buy them from Hasselblad, that way you know you're getting a good product.

They are simple to replace, 6 screws, pop out the old seals, put in the new seals, 6 screws and you're done.

As a temporay fix, pull your darkslide and cover the opening with black electrical tape. This will et you through the trip.

6. wjmva

wjmva Member

Be careful

About 1965 I replaced light seal on a Hassy back.

Let me tell you what I did wrong. The screws that you remove to get to the light seal look the same but they are not the same lenght.

You must keep them in the same location otherwise you will get a scratch down the entire 120 or 220 film.

As an expidient remove seal and bend longitudinally over a round pen or pencil to increase curvature. Once reassembled check seal with out slide and film holder by holing up to a strong light.

7. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    thanks everyone. I took one apart last night and rebent the black plastic shield. I didn't realize the screws were different lengths?? Now you have me worried!

Now I just have to get the spacing issues addressed .....