Neg carrier for Leitz Valloy?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by isaacc7, May 18, 2005.

1. isaacc7

isaacc7 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I picked up an old Valloy enlarger a while back. I know it didn't have a neg carrier at the time but it was cheap and I was really only getting it for contact prints anyway. Of course the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was a shame to not be able to enlarge my 35mm negs with it. I tried making several homebrew versions. One was simply two spring clips holding the neg strip in place and letting the condenser flatten the negative against the bottom plate. This worked ok, as long as I only wanted to print negs in the center part of the strip, no end images allowed! I then tried a folded metal arrangement and I couldn't get the film truly flat. So does anyone have an idea on where I could either get a neg carrier or how to build one simply and cheaply? Thanks!

Isaac

2. pelerin

pelerin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you PM me with your mailing address I will send you an image of both sides of one, along with measured dimensions. There are two of them for sale where I work but they unfortunately come with enlargers attached. I think it would be pretty simple to make one if you had accurate dimemsions though.
    Celac.

3. wfwhitaker

wfwhitaker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They show up with some frequency on Ebay.