Neg carrier questions on V35 enlarger

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by foto-r3, Oct 4, 2008.

1. foto-r3

foto-r3 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi all.

I would like to print full frame with my V35. Supposedly, there is a full-frame carrier but I have never seen one. (If anyone knows of their whereabouts, please let me know.) Apparently this carrier also requires adjustment of the AF mechanism -- can anyone corroborate this?

So I was considering filing the standard carrier but before doing so I'd like to know if anyone else has, and with what success.

Thanks

Mark

2. Bill Mitchell

Bill Mitchell Member

The Full Frame carrier does NOT require any adjustment of the auto-focus mechanism. Actually, I believe that all of the V35 carriers are full frame (including the double glass); the one you are probably thinking about shows MORE than the full frame, allowing a little of the film edges to show (no adjustment required for it, either).

3. foto-r3

foto-r3 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Among the carriers available are

17002 24x36 cm double glass
    17003 24x36 cm one-sided glass (standard)
    17012 25x37 cm double glass

The last one I mention and which I am trying to source, no. 17012, allows for printing with a black border. Supposedly this model also requires adjustment of the AF mechanism, whereas the first two models listed do not.

4. david James lee

david James lee Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    i think you mean the full frame with black borders carrier. yes, leica makes one. it;s great, you can get it from leica new jersey. mine was about 300.00us a few years ago, worth every cent,belive me.