Negative Carrier for Xpan negatives

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by NDKodak, May 18, 2013.

1. NDKodak

NDKodak Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Looking for a negative carrier for a Xpan negative and saw Beseler has one for their 45 and 810 series.
    My questions is will that negative carrier work on a 67 Beseler?
    I do not remember the negative carriers on the 45 being larger then the one for the 67, from when I used them in college.

2. mesantacruz

mesantacruz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    beseler 67 negative carrier is not round... so i don't think it will fit... maybe you're getting confused with the beseler 23, which has a round one, and is probably similar to the 45.

i suggest you make a negative carrier out of some gatorboard/foamboard, or mat board. it will work fine.

3. NDKodak

NDKodak Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes it is the 23c I have.
    Yes I will probably end up having to fabricate my own, I can not wrap my head around spending $240 for negative carrier.
    I think it would be a good project for someone with a 3D printer, to try and design Xpan Negative carrier, then they could sell it other Xpan owners if it worked out.

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Buy a 35mm carrier for your 23C and have a machine shop enlarge the opening.

5. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    I suggest the 6x9 glass negative carrier with Anti-Newton Ring glass on top.

Jon

6. Vincent Brady

Vincent Brady Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    That is exactly what I done. A friend of mine who is a fitter enlarged the opening in the 35 mm plate that I had. He filed the new edges so that there was no sharp edges and painted them in non reflected black paint.

7. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This 35mm negative carrier improvised from Masonite for an ancient 4x5 DeJur has served me well for 30 years. Eight nails protruding up from the bottom plate and into the top plate serve to align the film and the plates. A square on the bottom of the bottom plate locates the carrier in the enlarger head.

Attached Files: