negative enlarging service

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by echard, Nov 21, 2011.

1. echard

echard Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hi All, here's what I am looking for: I want to out put enlarged negatives. I can do the scanning. I just can't commit to getting the correct printer and inks. I am looking for a service that offers outputting my scans to a negative for alt proc. They are square negs and I'd need them not bigger than 8x8. Does anyone know of a service like this.

I've always wanted to do this myself but I just don't have the coin for a nice printer.

Thanks,
    Echard Wheeler

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone with a darkroom can make enlarged negatives on ortho transparency material.

3. Jadedoto

Jadedoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I mean, depending on what you want, you'd be surprised what you don't need. You can print out a negative on transparency sheets on a generic copier and make cyanotypes.

You don't really need (for most uses) a specific printer or inks... just be consistent and run your tests and calibrate all of your images according to step wedges, etc. Which you would have to do anyway if someone else printed negs for you.

But if you have a darkroom, enlarging to ortho film is really the way to go.