Nepal - in April

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by Colin Corneau, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just booked the ticket today. I'm wondering if any fellow Ape Huggers have experiences there -- must see things, places, experiences, and of course photographic thoughts, too.

I fly in April 8, and leave on the 24th. No set agenda, other than make as many great images as I can. Pretty excited, as after so many trips to China over the years this is a little out side my experience.

Many thanks for any and all thoughts.

2. Araakii

Araakii Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Umm..I need to talk to you when you come back. I am planning to go there in Spring 2013.

3. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    By all means, please do. I've benefitted from a few friends who've gone before me.

FWIW, I've picked up the Lonely Planet guide to Nepal and it seems a great resource. I'd easily recommend it.

4. jscott

jscott Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are you trekking? or just seeing Kathmandu?
    I trekked in the Khumbu in April/May some years ago. It was cold with snow up high, and wet with lots of rain on the hike out to Juri. It should be warmer in Kathmandu.
    There's great character everywhere. The various Buddhist temples and the old parts of town are picturesque. There's good street photography everywhere. I recommend though that you get out of town and see some rural areas too. You have enough time to do some traveling there, even if it's just some bus rides out and around.

5. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey J,
    The plan so far is to see Pokhara and area, as well as Katmandu. I'm sure there'll be some great areas -- small villages, etc. -- in between.

No trekking, so far. Maybe next time...