Neutol WA from A&O

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Buster6X6, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Buster6X6

Buster6X6 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Today I bought two bottles of new A&O Neutol WA (AgfaPoto) 1.25L for $19.00 CAN. here in London. I just wanted you to know it is available again.
    Greg

2. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, that was quick -- it's only been a few weeks since the announcement they were picking up the old Agfa chemical line! Did you see any new A&O Rodinal?

3. Buster6X6

Buster6X6 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Donald
    Not yet but a lot of Rodinal in the store I'm buying from. $15.00 for a big bottle and $8.50 (Can) for the small one.

Greg

4. battra92

battra92 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Wow! If other old Agfa Chemicals are out already by A&O, it would not seem that far off to to expect Rodinal soon. Hopefully Freestyle, B&H, Adorama and the like will have them in stock very soon. :smile:

London Ontario, you say? I sat next to a girl from London Ontario on a train once.

5. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are you sure that's A&O product? Seems a bit too soon. Does the label say A&O anywhere?

My local shop put a half-dozen 1.25L bottles of AgfaPhoto-labeled Neutol WA on its shelf roughly one month ago. They were from an AgfaPhoto production run that occurred last summer/fall. All prior batches were labeled simply "Agfa."

6. Buster6X6

Buster6X6 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I looked at the bottle now it does not say A&O it is Agfaphoto printed on it.I have not seen this bottle before. I know before Christmas I asked for it they did not have it. The shipment came a week ago and the store clerk told me it that Agfa was taken over by A&O so I assumed it was new Neutol WA, (shoot). Label before on the old bottle had a black print on it, it was totally different. I am sorry if I misled you. The clerk sounded very convincing.
    Greg

7. szazs

szazs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The "half full glass" side of this thread is: once the a&o stuff hits the shelves, and it will, we'll be the first to know...Thanks Buster6X6

8. battra92

battra92 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    And it should also be a good sign that some of the older Agfa stock hasn't been hoarded everywhere.

9. Marco Gilardetti

Marco Gilardetti Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Er... what is this A&O, fellows?

10. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A&O Group is the German IT company that purchased AgfaPhoto's minilab and chemical business.

11. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Agfa's stock of Rodinal has not been depleted yet so what you see in the stores still has Agfa written on it.

AGFA PHOTO is expecting to sell their stock until this summer and they maintain a staff of 100 at this time (according to a press release.)